China Pharmaceutical Guide 2013 (8th Edition)
The annually-updated China Pharmaceutical Guide
is the most authoritative and comprehensive reference in English covering China's pharmaceutical and healthcare sector which has been widely subscribed by executives of MNCs, leading CROs, investment banking firms, consulting companies, industry associations and government agencies.
Now in its 8th edition, China Pharmaceutical Guide 2013 (8th Edition)
continues to play an instrumental role in helping executives understand, navigate, manage and lead their pharmaceutical businesses in China.
- Authored by James J. Shen, a veteran pharmaceutical executive and the Publisher/Chief Editor of Pharma China
who has 28 years of managing China and Asian pharmaceutical businesses as a leading China business consultant, multinational company executive and an entrepreneur.
- Prepared for the real world executives to help them navigate through the complex and turbulent Chinese healthcare business environment for success.
- Extensive coverage on China's pharmaceutical industry structure and market environment, regulatory framework, healthcare provision and financing, disease & drug consumption patterns, pharmaceutical sales, marketing & distribution, contemporary trends and opportunities, market entry strategies, case studies of successes and failures in six key areas of the Chinese pharmaceutical business, and profiles of leading MNCs in China.
- Comprehensive and latest data on the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market, the Chinese healthcare sector, and disease & drug consumption patterns – much of the data made available exclusively by reputable sources to China Pharmaceutical Guide
and Pharma China
- A thorough review of contemporary issues and challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in China, as well as promising opportunities with many real world examples.
- A complete and clear picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework is presented with thorough coverage of all regulations in drug registration, research/GLP, clinical/GCP, import and export, manufacture/GMP, packaging, advertising, distribution/GSP, OTC/ethical drug classification, adverse drug reaction monitoring, internet drug sales, physician drug prescription, compulsory licensing ,etc. Summaries of all these regulations are provided with analysis. In addition, a thorough introduction of all drug related government agencies and industry associations is given with their functions analyzed.
- A growing collection of selected recent feature article contributions from industry experts and market research companies to Pharma China
covering extensive areas of interest including healthcare policy, strategic, marketing, regulatory, IPR and legal issues.
- A growing collection of mini case studies which are in six important areas including market entry, R&D outsourcing, human resource management, market size/information sources, legal/IPR battles and local success stories.
- Market entry strategies are evaluated and analyzed with real world examples.
- Profiles of MNC pharma companies are updated annually.
- Divided into two volumes, ten parts with 53 chapters excluding Preface, Executive Summary and Appendices, it has over 1,500 pages with more than 200 tables and charts.
- Updated annually, it ensures the most up-to-date coverage and trend analysis
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2013 (8th Edition)
has been thoroughly updated with ample latest data from many reputable sources, abundant analysis by leading industry experts, new regulations and more case studies. Its coverage was renewed and expanded in the following areas:
- Hundreds of pages of new data, information, analysis and case studies.
- Thorough summaries and analysis of the latest healthcare reform, drug pricing & reimbursement and hospital tender purchase policies.
Comprehensive industry, market and international trade data as well as health statistics are updated with the 2012 (full year) and first half of 2013 figures.
- Expanded coverage on the primary healthcare sector, the OTC and consumer healthcare sector, high growth market segments, key regional hospital markets, the pharmaceutical distribution sector and online retail pharmacy segment.
- Added coverage of the Chinese biosimilar market prospects and regulatory outlook and expanded coverage on consumption patterns of formulated traditional Chinese medicines.
- Expanded coverage of digital and academic marketing strategies for Chinese pharma (including social media applications)
- Updated coverage of emerging legal issues (including FCPA/compliance and liability issues) and drug-related IP and trademark concerns.
- Comprehensive top line data, research findings and observations from our collaborative partners such as IMS Health, Kantar Health, Nicholas Hall, ZS Associates and RDPAC.
- All regulatory changes in 2012/2013 are updated to present a clear and most up-to-date picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework with summaries and analysis of all drug regulations in effect by mid-2013.
- Comprehensive coverage of the latest reorganization and internal structures & jurisdictions of the Chinese regulatory agencies (e.g. newly-created CFDA and NHFPC).
- Focused coverage of China's deepening reform of its drug registration and evaluation regime, new policies to support drug innovation and high clinical value generics, and its initiative to re-evaluate all generic drugs with bioequivalence studies.
- An updated section covering proposed new drug-related laws and regulations under drafting process with previews of the draft versions.
- Extensive review and analysis of China's drug registration applications and approvals as well as Chinese drug innovation trends in recent years.
- Comprehensive review of Sino-foreign M&A, joint venture, strategic alliance, licensing, research partnerships, co-marketing, and new drug research events in 2012 and early 2013.
- New and expanded coverage on MNC strategies in China with healthcare reform in the backdrop, intellectual property/patent law amendments, data exclusivity, patent litigation, drug regulations, pharma marketing and distribution strategies, digital/social media and academic marketing solutions, drug consumption patterns, the R&D and outsourcing sectors, clinical studies/practices, healthcare reform, community healthcare sector, essential drug policy, regional drug consumption patterns, and the vaccine and API sectors.
- Numerous new case studies are added to the 2013 Edition.
- Comprehensive revision of the China operation profiles of MNCs to reflect their latest performance, business deals, legal disputes and outlook.
All purchasers of the China Pharmaceutical Guide 2013
will receive one-year complimentary subscription of Pharma China
Weekly e-Alert (Premium Edition)
which provides a weekly summary of the top Chinese pharmaceutical news and Breaking News Alerts
which notifies subscribers of any major unfolding events in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
For further information, please contact WiCON International Group to request a free promotional PDF containing the executive summary, the table of contents, the lists of tables and charts, and preface. To download our promotional PDF and a brochure/order form, please visit: http://www.pharmachinaonline.com/download/index.asp
To download a brochure/order form and our promotional PDF online, please visit: http://www.pharmachinaonline.com/download/index.asp
. WiCON International Group LLC
Tel: +1 609-9190898 Fax: +1 702-9953905
WiCON International Group is the publisher of Pharma China
), the most influential English media and source of business intelligence covering the Chinese pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical sector. Pharma China
caters for the growing needs of the international pharmaceutical industry for up-to-date and insightful intelligence on China's burgeoning but increasingly complex healthcare marketplace. It is subscribed by most multinational pharmaceutical companies, leading CROs, investment banks, consulting firms and industry associations.
Pharma China publishes the following products:
- Pharma China Journal Edition
(monthly in PDF and Print)
- Pharma China Web Edition
(continuously-updated news and in-depth commentaries)
- China Pharmaceutical Guide
(the most comprehensive and authoritative reference for China's healthcare sector)