China Pharmaceutical Guide 2012 (7th Edition)
is the most authoritative and comprehensive reference in English covering China’s pharmaceutical and healthcare sector which has been widely subscribed by executives of MNCs, leading CROs, investment banking firms, consulting companies, industry associations and government agencies. Now in its sixth edition, this best-selling reference will continue to play an instrumental role in helping executives understand, navigate, manage and lead their pharmaceutical businesses in China.
- Authored by James J. Shen, a veteran pharmaceutical executive and the Publisher/Chief Editor of Pharma China
who has 27 years of managing China and Asian pharmaceutical businesses as a leading China business consultant, multinational company executive and an entrepreneur.
- Prepared for the real world executives to help them navigate through the complex and turbulent Chinese healthcare business environment for success.
- Extensive coverage on China's pharmaceutical industry structure and market environment, regulatory framework, healthcare provision and financing, disease & drug consumption patterns, pharmaceutical sales, marketing & distribution, contemporary trends and opportunities, market entry strategies, case studies of successes and failures in six key areas of the Chinese pharmaceutical business, and profiles of leading MNCs in China.
- Comprehensive and latest data and statistics on the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market, the Chinese healthcare sector, and disease & drug consumption patterns – much of the data made available exclusively by reputable sources to China Pharmaceutical Guide and Pharma China.
- A thorough review of contemporary issues and challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in China, as well as promising opportunities with many real world examples.
- A complete and clear picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework is presented with thorough coverage of all regulations in drug registration, research/GLP, clinical/GCP, import and export, manufacture/GMP, packaging, advertising, distribution/GSP, OTC/ethical drug classification, adverse drug reaction monitoring, internet drug sales, physician drug prescription, compulsory licensing ,etc. Summaries of all these regulations are provided with analysis. In addition, a thorough introduction of all drug related government agencies and industry associations is given with their functions analyzed.
- A growing collection of selected recent feature article contributions from industry experts and market research companies to Pharma China
covering extensive areas of interest including healthcare policy, strategic, marketing, regulatory, IPR and legal issues.
- A growing collection of mini case studies which are in six important areas including market entry, R&D outsourcing, human resource management, market size/information sources, legal/IPR battles and local success stories.
- Market entry strategies are evaluated and analyzed with real world examples.
- Profiles of MNC pharma companies are updated annually.
- Divided into 10 Parts with 53 Chapters excluding Preface, Executive Summary and Appendices, it has 1,380 pages with around 200 tables and charts.
- Updated annually, it ensures the most up-to-date coverage and trend analysis
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2012 (7th Edition)
has been thoroughly updated with ample latest data from many reputable sources, abundant analysis by leading industry experts, new regulations and more case studies. Its coverage was renewed and expanded significantly in the following areas:
- Hundreds of pages of new data, information, analysis and case studies.
- Thorough summaries and analysis of the latest healthcare reform, drug pricing & reimbursement and hospital tender purchase policies.
- Comprehensive industry, market and international trade data as well as health statistics are updated with the 2011 (full year) and early 2012 figures.
- A new chapter on “Social Media Strategies and Opportunities for Pharma Companies
” and new data on Chinese online drug sales.
- Expanded coverage high growth market segments including oncology, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and hepatitis, and added coverage of regional markets, especially those in Yangtze River vicinity.
- Updated coverage of emerging legal issues (including FCPA/compliance issues) and drug-related IP concerns, as well as new commentaries on recommended approaches for government affairs in China’s healthcare sector.
- Comprehensive top line data and research findings from our collaborative partners such as IMS Health, Kantar Health, Nicholas Hall, ZS Associates and RDPAC.
- All regulatory changes in 2011/2012 are updated to present a clear and most up-to-date picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework with summaries and analysis of all drug regulations in effect by June 30, 2012.
- An updated section covering proposed new drug-related laws and regulations under drafting process with previews of the draft versions.
- Overview of China’s 12th
Five-Year Plans for the pharmaceutical and related industries, as well as other long term industrial planning documents and foreign investment guidelines of the government.
- Extensive review and analysis of China’s drug registration applications and approvals as well as Chinese drug innovation trends in recent years.
- Comprehensive review of Sino-foreign M&A, joint venture, strategic alliance, licensing, research partnerships, co-marketing, and new drug research events in 2011 and early 2012.
- New and expanded coverage on MNC strategies in China with healthcare reform in the backdrop, intellectual property/patent law amendments, data exclusivity, patent litigation, drug regulations, pharma marketing and distribution strategies, drug consumption patterns, the Chinese R&D and outsourcing sector, clinical studies/practices, healthcare reform, community healthcare sector, essential drug policy, regional drug consumption patterns, and the vaccine and API sectors.
- Numerous new case studies are added to the 2012 Edition.
- Comprehensive revision of the China operation profiles of MNCs to reflect their latest performance, business deals, legal disputes and outlook.
All purchasers of the China Pharmaceutical Guide 2012
will receive one-year complimentary subscription of Pharma China
Weekly e-Alert (Premium Edition)
which provides a weekly summary of the top Chinese pharmaceutical news and Breaking News Alerts
which notifies subscribers of any major unfolding events in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
For further information, please contact WiCON International Group to request a free promotional PDF containing the executive summary, the table of contents, the lists of tables and charts, and preface/bio of the author (available after 06/2012).
To download a brochure/order form and our promotional PDF online, please visit: http://www.pharmachinaonline.com/download/index.asp
. WiCON International Group LLC