Beijing, China, June 09, 2008 - WiCON International Group, the publisher of Pharma China, announced the official publication of its China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008 (3rd Edition).
According to latest estimates by WiCON in this annually-updated Guide, the size of the Chinese drug market (including all Western and traditional Chinese medicine drug products, biopharmaceuticals and herbal preparations) reached US$50 billion at ex-manufacturer price level in 2007. A separate projection by Southern Medicine Economic Institute (SMEI) suggests the total Chinese drug market at retail price level was close to US$60 billion.
The Guide is the most authoritative and comprehensive reference in English covering China's pharmaceutical and healthcare sector which has been widely subscribed by executives of multinational pharmaceutical companies, leading CROs, investment banking firms, consulting companies, industry associations and government agencies. Now in its third edition, this best-selling reference will continue to play an instrumental role in helping executives understand, navigate and lead their pharmaceutical businesses in China.
* Authored by James J. Shen, a veteran pharmaceutical executive and the Publisher/Chief Editor of Pharma China, who has over 20 years of managing China and Asian pharmaceutical businesses as a leading China business consultant, multinational company executive and an entrepreneur.
* Prepared for the real world executives to help them navigate through the complex and turbulent Chinese healthcare business environment for success
* Extensive coverage on China's pharmaceutical industry structure and market environment, regulatory framework, healthcare provision and financing, disease & drug consumption patterns, pharmaceutical sales, marketing & distribution, contemporary trends and opportunities, market entry strategies, case studies of successes and failures in six key areas of the Chinese pharmaceutical business, and profiles of leading MPCs in China.
* Comprehensive and latest data and statistics on the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market, the Chinese healthcare sector, and disease & drug consumption patterns – much of the data made available exclusively by reputable sources to China Pharmaceutical Guide and Pharma China.
* A complete and clear picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework is presented with thorough coverage of all regulations in drug registration, research/GLP, clinical/GCP, import and export, manufacture/GMP, packaging, advertising, distribution/GSP, OTC/ethical drug classification, adverse drug reaction monitoring, internet drug sales, physician drug prescription, etc. Summaries of all these regulations are provided with analysis. In addition, a thorough introduction of all drug related government agencies and industry associations is given with their functions analyzed.
* A thorough review of contemporary issues and challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in China, as well as promising opportunities with many real world examples.
* Market entry strategies are evaluated and analyzed with real world examples.
* Divided into 10 Parts with 53 Chapters excluding Preface, Executive Summary and Appendices, it has nearly 900 pages with annually-updated 138 tables and charts.
* Updated annually to ensure the most up-to-date coverage and trend analysis
The size of the 2008 Edition of China Pharmaceutical Guide increased to nearly 900 pages from previously 700 pages, and its coverage was expanded significantly in the following areas:
* Most industry, market and health sector data are updated with the 2007 (full year) and early 2008 figures
* All regulatory changes in 2007/2008 are updated to present a clear and most up-to-date picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework with summaries and analysis of all drug regulations in effect including new regulations by June 9, 2008
* An additional 100 pages of new data, information, analysis and case studies
* New and expanded coverage on international regulatory cooperation, the Chinese R&D and outsourcing sector, clinical studies and practices, healthcare reform, community healthcare sector, essential drug policy, regional drug consumption patterns, and the vaccine sector.
* Nine new case studies are added in the 2008 Edition. A total of 21 mini case studies in six important areas including market entry, R&D outsourcing, human resource management, market size/information sources, legal/IPR battles and local success stories.
All purchasers of the China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008 edition will receive one-year complimentary subscription of Pharma China Weekly e-Alert (Premium Edition)
which provides a concise summary of the top Chinese pharmaceutical news in every week and Breaking News Alerts
which notifies subscribers of any major unfolding events in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
For further information, please contact WiCON International Group to request a free promotional PDF containing the executive summary, the table of contents, the lists of tables and charts, and preface/bio of the author.
To download the promotional PDF, click on the following link: Promotional PDF - China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008.pdf
To download a brochure and order form, click on the link below: Catalog+Order Form+Descriptions-2008.pdf
WiCON International Group